Auffie’s Random Thoughts

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Who you gonna call?

If there’s something strange in the neighborhood, who you gonna call?
If there’s something weird, and it don’t look good, who you gonna call?


Prof. Si-Chen Lee (李嗣涔), president of National Taiwan University! I’ve heard that his ascension to the presidency was opposed because of his “research interests” in, shall we say, the extraordinary. This reminded me of the goofy movie Ghostbusters, in which some university researchers were fired because of pretty much the same non-mainstream research topic.

I knew of Ghostbusters because of a cartoon and a video game when I was young, and I thought the theme song was funny, even though I have never been much into the genre to which it belongs. Hearing about Lee just made me laugh even more.

I ain’t afraid o no ghost!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home