Auffie’s Random Thoughts

Monday, September 27, 2004

Recital preparation

I had a “dress rehearsal” with the pianist last weekend before a small audience who will not be able to attend the real recital. I was a little nervous (possibly because of the presence in the audience of a professional pianist), and played the long notes in the Bach sonata with a slightly shaking bow. The Franck was OK, but I was flat in some of the high notes -- need to work on these.

The program for the recital will be as follows: Bach’s Sonata for Violin and Cembalo No. 5 in F minor (BWV 1018), Franck’s Sonata for Violin and Piano in A major, and Ponce’s Estrellita (arr. Heifetz). I plan to play my own Presto in D minor for the encore (if indeed there be).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home